Custom Search

Friday, October 3, 2008

Bugs Bunny in Brutally Bloody Painting



There really isn't much to write about this one but rather just look at the picture. Remember as a kid watching Looney Toons? It always seemed that when shot in the face, Daffy Duck's beak would spin around his face or his head turned to a burnt black color. Ah, those were the days.

But now, we get to see the violence that we were exposed to as children in a more realistic way. An artist, James Cauty, has created a whole series of violent cartoon paintings for the 'Splatter' exhibition which will be shown at London's Aquarium Gallery.

Here is what the artist had to say:

"People have been saying since the 60's that cartoons should show the consequences of violence, or kids will get the wrong idea.

"Its very difficult to shock kids these days - you have cartoon characters being shot in the head and walking off cliffs, so we have decided to replace them with something more realistic.

"I'm a parent myself, and if I saw pictures like that I would think of something kids would really love, because it's no holds-barred violence.

"The idea actually came from my 15-year-old son, who suggested I do some artwork showing what cartoons are really like by showing their real consequences.

"I don't know why he suggested it, but he's done me a favour by giving me this idea six months ago."

I don't know about you but this picture is hilarious!





[Telegraph.co.uk]

No comments: